Calibration/Instrumentation Technician - Lotusworks - Cork
LotusWorks is an engineering and technical company with 30 years' experience supporting some of the world’s largest manufacturers in Europe & North America. Specialists in Calibration, Commissioning, Contract Staffing, Operations & Maintenance and Automation our ability to tailor and deliver the “best fit” expert technical and engineering services to our clients in the Pharma/BioTechnology, Medical/Technology Device, Semiconductor and DataCentre/ICT sectors, allows our customers to focus on their core activity.
People are at the heart of our business and we care about investing in them, their health and making sure they are happy. Become part of the LotusWorks team today where you will actively make a difference to some of the largest global organisations.
LotusWorks, are currently expanding their team in Cork and are looking for an experienced Calibration/Instrumentation Technician to join their team on a medical device facility.
Qualified in the Instrumentation field through an apprenticeship programme or a degree with Instrumentation or calibration experience. Full details available on www.lotusworks.com or call 0719158908 and chat with Marianne Feeney.
Your Job Purpose
Working with the LotusWorks team you will be involved in the Setup, calibration, and troubleshooting of temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, level, balancing, density, viscosity instrumentation, pH and conductivity analysers, dimensional and measurement equipment and a wide range of other instrumentation.
- Complete scheduled calibrations as per client and LotusWorks procedures dimensional, facilities and Process calibration
- Respond to and assist production on faulty and unscheduled equipment which has failed or is out of spec., in order to keep production requirements met.
- Interact in a professional manner with client area owners and all Client staff in order to get the preventative and Corrective maintenance activities completed in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Plan equipment down where necessary due to on line calibrations, vendor's availability to come to site etc.
- Follow all procedures with regard overdue / quarantined equipment to ensure compliance from a calibration department point of view.
- Follow Calibration Discrepancy procedures and follow up on items which you have calibrated and have escalated to a calibration discrepancy.
- Follow decommissioning procedures and follow up on items which you have tried to calibrate and have escalated to an unfixable situation.
- Suggest continuous improvement suggestions for processes and calibration activities
- Assist EHSQ monthly audits and investigations as required
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner in compliance with GAMP and FDA.
- Work with team personnel as required to facilitate calibration activities.
- Qualified Craft Technician (Instrumentation) or metrology qualification.
- City & Guilds 225 Parts 1, 2 & 3, or Level 6 or higher in Industrial Automation & Controls, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, or Metrology.
- 3 years working experience in industry, preferably in a medical Device or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and engineering documentation
- Excellent communicator.
- Capable of successfully working within a team while having the initiative to self-resolve issues.
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Healthcare Contribution
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
Not ready to apply, or have some questions? Call our Talent Specialist’s on 07191-69783 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
LotusWorks is proud to be listed in the Best workplaces 2017
Empowering talent we care about for over 29 years
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer