Debenhams 8 say further action planned for next week as they emerge from three-day sit-in at Patrick St branch

Former Debenahms workers say further action is planned next Wednesday to mark 161 days protesting.
It follows the fight of Vita Cortex workers who made history back in 2011 when their sit-in to secure redundancy payments at their former factory on the Kinsale Rd lasted 161 days .
Next Wednesday the former Debenhams workers will be protesting 161 days in their fight for a fair redundancy deal.
This lunchtime eight workers finished a three day sit in as part of their demonstration.
Workers say they are entitled to 4 weeks redundancy pay per year of service and have described a settlement offer they received last week as an 'insult'.
Speaking to RedFM News after she emerged from the building, Patrick St shop steward Valerie Conlon says they promised they would only spend three days in the building and they didn't break that promises:
But she says their fight will continue:
More from Cork
-
Lord Mayor Of City Felt Privileged To Represent Cork During Such A Difficult Time As He Faces Into Last Month In Office
Councillor Joe Kavanagh will be handing over the mayoral chains outside of City Hall for the first time ever on June 18th due to the pandemic
-
Expert calls for people to reduce meat intake
Eating too much meat can increase the risk of serious illnesses by as much as 30%.
-
International Care Day Is Being Celebrated At The Bessborough Centre In Blackrock Today
The event highlights the positive impact of the experience of young people in care
-
UPDATE: Teenage Girl Killed And Three Teenage Boys Injured In Knocknaheeny Crash
It's understood the teenage driver of the car fled the scene on foot
-
Angry Farmers To Stage Protest Outside Aldi in Mitchelstown Later
They're appealing to retailers to come to the talks table
-
UPDATE: Toddler Who Was Injured At Her Home On The Boreenmanna Road Has Died
The two year-old was rushed to hospital with traumatic head injuries