Junior Minister Pat Breen Says He Never Discussed The National Broadband Plan With David McCourt Or Denis Naughten

The Fine Gael politician has admitted he passed on an invitation for dinner meeting between then-minister Mr Naughten and the Irish-American investor
Junior Minister Pat Breen says he never discussed the National broadband plan with bidder David McCourt or former Communications Minister Denis Naughten.
The Fine Gael politician has admitted he passed on an invitation for dinner meeting between then-minister Mr Naughten and the Irish-American investor.
Mr Naughten resigned last Thursday as the row escalated, and Mr Breen has experienced criticism for his role in the evening.
Speaking for the first time in the wake of the controversy, Minister Breen insists he was never involved with the National broadband plan.
More from Cork
-
Lord Mayor Of City Felt Privileged To Represent Cork During Such A Difficult Time As He Faces Into Last Month In Office
Councillor Joe Kavanagh will be handing over the mayoral chains outside of City Hall for the first time ever on June 18th due to the pandemic
-
Expert calls for people to reduce meat intake
Eating too much meat can increase the risk of serious illnesses by as much as 30%.
-
International Care Day Is Being Celebrated At The Bessborough Centre In Blackrock Today
The event highlights the positive impact of the experience of young people in care
-
UPDATE: Teenage Girl Killed And Three Teenage Boys Injured In Knocknaheeny Crash
It's understood the teenage driver of the car fled the scene on foot
-
Angry Farmers To Stage Protest Outside Aldi in Mitchelstown Later
They're appealing to retailers to come to the talks table
-
UPDATE: Toddler Who Was Injured At Her Home On The Boreenmanna Road Has Died
The two year-old was rushed to hospital with traumatic head injuries