Cork Performs Well In TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards
The rankings are based on feedback from users using the online review service.
As we all know, Ireland is spoiled for choice when it comes to food, scenery, beaches and landmarks therefore we're aware how difficult it must have been to whittle these Irish lists down to just ten! Cork city and county has faired well in the lists topping the fine dining restaurant and beaches polls.
The top ten Irish landmarks "Travellers Choice Awards" list is well spread out around the country with Cork's Blarney Castle & Gardens just missing out on poll position to Dublin's Kilmainham Gaol and considering the year that's in it we can't argue too much there!
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin
- Blarney Castle & Gardens, Cork
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Muckross House & Gardens, Kerry
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
- Dun Dúchathair, Aran Islands
- Bunratty Castle, Clare
- Arigna Mining Experience, Roscommon
- Leap Castle, Roscrea, Offaly
- Glendalough, Wicklow
When it comes to restaurants Cork comes out Top Trumps with the delicious Café Paradiso at number one in the Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Ireland beating the likes of Chapter One in Dublin. The top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the Traveller's Choice Awards are:
- Cafe Paradiso, Cork
- Chapter One, Dublin
- Sabor Brazil, Dublin
- An Port Mor Restaurant, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Kai, Galway
- Eala Bhan, Sligo
- Ristorante Rinuccini, Kilkenny
- Freddy's Bistro, Limerick
- The Pig's Ear, Dublin
- Zuni, Kilkenny
Taking a look at hotels, Harvey's Point in Donegal once again takes the top position as a visitor favourite. The River Lee in Cork comes in at a very respectable fifth position on the list followed by Hayfield Manor at seventh position. The Walter Raleigh Hotel in Youghal also appears further down the list at number 23. The top ten hotels according to TripAdvisor are:
- Harvey's Point, Donegal Town
- Ashford Castle, Cong
- The Merrion Hotel, Dublin
- Castle Durrow, Durrow
- The River Lee, Cork
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort, Adare
- Hayfield Manor, Cork
- Dromoland Castle, Newmarket-on-Fergus
- The Brehon, Killarney
- Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Tralee
Looking at beaches next Cork tops the poll once again. We are spoiled with beautiful waterfronts in Cork and Incydoney Beach has come out on top in Ireland! The top beaches in the country are:
- Incydoney Beach, Clonakilty
- Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry
- Lahinch Beach, Lahinch, Co. Clare
- Rossbeigh Beach, Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry
- Banna Strand, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Maghera Beach & Caves, Ardara
- Curracloe Beach, Curracloe
- Renvyle Beach, Renvyle
- Portmarnock Beach, Portmarnock
You can check out more information on TripAdvisors Traveller's Choice section.
More from Entertainment
Hometown's Dayl Cronin To Open Dance School In Cork
Hometown and Dancing with the Stars' Dayl Cronin is set to open his own dance academy in Cork!
Heineken® Live Your Music Debuts At Electric Picnic With Crowd Responsive Space
Heineken invites festival-goers to unlock epic experiences alongside The Magician & DJ Yoda
Former X Factor Contestant Added to Strictly Come Dancing Line Up
More individuals are being added to the reality show line up as it draws closer to airing.
Justin Bieber Announces New Music
Justin Bieber has announced he will be releasing new music this week.
Taylor Swift Wins Sexual Assault Case
Singer Taylor Swift has won her assault case against an American radio DJ.
Nandos Are Giving Away Free Chicken This Week!
Everyone's favourite word is free!