Cork Performs Well In TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards
The rankings are based on feedback from users using the online review service.
As we all know, Ireland is spoiled for choice when it comes to food, scenery, beaches and landmarks therefore we're aware how difficult it must have been to whittle these Irish lists down to just ten! Cork city and county has faired well in the lists topping the fine dining restaurant and beaches polls.
The top ten Irish landmarks "Travellers Choice Awards" list is well spread out around the country with Cork's Blarney Castle & Gardens just missing out on poll position to Dublin's Kilmainham Gaol and considering the year that's in it we can't argue too much there!
- Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin
- Blarney Castle & Gardens, Cork
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Muckross House & Gardens, Kerry
- Kilkenny Castle, Kilkenny
- Dun Dúchathair, Aran Islands
- Bunratty Castle, Clare
- Arigna Mining Experience, Roscommon
- Leap Castle, Roscrea, Offaly
- Glendalough, Wicklow
When it comes to restaurants Cork comes out Top Trumps with the delicious Café Paradiso at number one in the Best Fine Dining Restaurants in Ireland beating the likes of Chapter One in Dublin. The top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the Traveller's Choice Awards are:
- Cafe Paradiso, Cork
- Chapter One, Dublin
- Sabor Brazil, Dublin
- An Port Mor Restaurant, Westport, Co. Mayo
- Kai, Galway
- Eala Bhan, Sligo
- Ristorante Rinuccini, Kilkenny
- Freddy's Bistro, Limerick
- The Pig's Ear, Dublin
- Zuni, Kilkenny
Taking a look at hotels, Harvey's Point in Donegal once again takes the top position as a visitor favourite. The River Lee in Cork comes in at a very respectable fifth position on the list followed by Hayfield Manor at seventh position. The Walter Raleigh Hotel in Youghal also appears further down the list at number 23. The top ten hotels according to TripAdvisor are:
- Harvey's Point, Donegal Town
- Ashford Castle, Cong
- The Merrion Hotel, Dublin
- Castle Durrow, Durrow
- The River Lee, Cork
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort, Adare
- Hayfield Manor, Cork
- Dromoland Castle, Newmarket-on-Fergus
- The Brehon, Killarney
- Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Tralee
Looking at beaches next Cork tops the poll once again. We are spoiled with beautiful waterfronts in Cork and Incydoney Beach has come out on top in Ireland! The top beaches in the country are:
- Incydoney Beach, Clonakilty
- Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry
- Lahinch Beach, Lahinch, Co. Clare
- Rossbeigh Beach, Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry
- Banna Strand, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Maghera Beach & Caves, Ardara
- Curracloe Beach, Curracloe
- Renvyle Beach, Renvyle
- Portmarnock Beach, Portmarnock
You can check out more information on TripAdvisors Traveller's Choice section.
More from Entertainment
Alanis Morissette Announced For Live At The Marquee 2018
Alanis Morissette has been announced for next year's Live At The Marquee season!
Peter Kay Cancels ALL Tour Dates
Comedian Peter Kay has cancelled all of his tour dates including his Irish shows.
The Script & Nathan Carter Are Coming To Live At The Marquee!
The Script have been announced for Live At The Marquee 2018!
Picture This Return To Live At The Marquee
Picture This are set to make a return to the Live At The Marquee stage in 2018.
Jenny Greene & The RTE Concert Orchestra To Return To Live At The Marquee
Last year they blew audiences away at two sold-out gigs Live at the Marquee Cork.
a-ha Announced For Live At The Marquee
A brand new Live At The Marquee announcement has been made